I also made dessert. I came up with this on my own. Since I'm on a "special diet" (yay Twilight lol), I tried to make it as low calorie as possible. I made the crust from scratch using flour, vanilla extract, Splenda, water, and a little bit of oil. For the filling I used sugar free Jell-O chocolate pudding, 2 Yoplait light'n'fit yougurt (1 strawberry, 1 cherry), fresh strawberry slices, and a thin layer of sugar free cherry Jell-O. I topped each piece with 2 tbsp light whipped cream and 1 tsp chocolate syrup. Each piece is roughly 135 calories and full of flavor. I have already lost 8.8 pounds since I started my "special diet" 3 weeks ago. This shows that you can eat healthy and still get your dessert. My mom and I think it tastes almost like candy. My dad refused to try it. I think it's too "healthy" for him.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Something tasty
In preparation for tropical storm Felicia, at 9 this morning I started a pot of gumbo soup. Unfortunately the storm kind of fizzled out. I was really looking forward to having a storm. I cut celery, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and carrots. It simmered for almost 8 hours and was so delicious!



11 comments:
That soup looks delish Jamee. I have never had gumbo soup before...Well done on you diet too....Xx
Oh Ah, can I come to dinner, that looks so scrummy. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx
Looks so yummy!!! Can I have some? I am hungry! :)
Yum-O....I can eat soup or gumbo every day...I really love it!
Congrats on losing 8 pounds Jamee!
hugs
Risa:)
What a fun concoction! What kind of special diet are you on???
Yummm ... my mouth is watering!! Your gumbo soup looks super delish (I'm a huge soup fan) and your dessert looks sooo good!
Diet ... are you crazy or something ... you are so skinny to begin with. Better watch out or Eddie will think you don't have enough BLOOD for him... LOL!
Wow! Soup is always good when it's cold and rainy...and that dessert looks so yummy! Jamee, you don't need to lose any more weight, but eating healthy is always good.
Yummers....I think that this is just what I want for din-din!! Of course the 11 awards that Twilight...and/or New Moon received at the TCA...that is another happy thought !!
ooohhhh...that soup looks so yummy! I want some! that pie looks wonderful too! sweet!
Sorry you missed your storm...LOL...cannot help but laugh at that line. Your soup looks yummers...Your desert, I wish I could just take my spoon and take a bite!! Have ya seen the new bumper sticker? "Caution I Drive Like A Cullen!!" I found it at Books-A-Million :)
Wow! Everything looks sooo yummy! So glad I met you yesterday! We got lots in common, you with our (ahem) love for a certain Vampire! LOL!
Send me your addy, I got something for you today!
Post a Comment