♥ Be the FRUIT LOOP in a world full of Cheerios. ♥

No matter where you are in the world, the moon is never bigger than your thumb. - Dear John, Nicholas Sparks

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TTIC #37 A Little Romance

This week's challenge at Twilight Tuesday is A Little Romance. I had so many ideas running through my head and it was hard to just pick one of Edward and Bella's romantic moments. I started reading Eclipse again yesterday so I decided to make my card depicting the scene where Edward gives Bella the heart-shaped charm to put on her bracelet with the wolf charm Jacob gave her. I didn't have a heart shaped rhinestone but the circle one works just as well. I downloaded the Edward 'Be Safe' font and printed out the quote "My heart is just as silent and it, too, is yours" (Eclipse, pg. 439).
I tore the edges of the cranberry crisp paper to give it a distressed look and ran the edges of the quote through the cranberry crisp ink. I put the dew drops in the middle of the flower but I put them in upside down. The rounded part is what is glued to the flower. I think that it adds more dimension to the flower.
Comment portion: Tell us about your most favourite romantic moment… be it in the books or real life!
It is so hard to pick one moment from the books!!! I like the part in Eclipse when Edward proposes to Bella. When Bella lets down her shield for Edward to read her mind at the end of breaking Dawn. I could go on and on!!!
.....
Here is an award that I recieved from Shirley!
[uberaward.png]
I'm passing it to- Linda, Kyoko, and Jenny.
.....
I'm leaving for Vegas in 2 days. I'll post that morning the raks that I got on Sunday.

19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is so pretty.

NGCARDS said...

Very pretty I love the classic feel :) xxx

Randi said...

Beautiful! I love how you did the sentiment! Those are GREAT parts of the book!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jamee! Have fun in Vegas, we just got back for NH today, good to be home;)

Alison said...

This is really pretty! Great job!

Erica said...

I love your card. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I completely agree with your thought about real men not holding a candle. I have read the series 4 or 5 times. Try "Sundays at Tiffany's," Michael is a pretty good male character (but he is imaginary!)

~amy~ said...

Nice work! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Islander Girl said...

Awww so beautiful!!! I totally get the romantic feel!!! Aww, I miss Edward and Bella! I should reread it! Hmm, I think I'll read it on the plane on my way to Japan! Withdrawals...LOL!

Have a great day!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Jamee! I love the romantic feel of it and the sentiment is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

ohhhh NICE work Jamee!...The card is perfect...BEAUTIFUL work sweetie!! Your just sooo talented! Xx

Little C's Creations said...

Very pretty!! Love them flowers, and the colors you've chose to work with.

Hugs,
Jen

Kyoko said...

Good lord girl ... you are definitely on a ROLL! Have fun in Vegas!

Thanks for the awesome award! You are just too SWEET!

Cheryl said...

So pretty,beautiful colours and your paper tearing looks fantastic!!! Enjoy your vacation!
xx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card Jamee, I love the colours they are really striking, with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Eve said...

I LOVE the card. Beautiful. I also love the "pool" in the background. Looks very inviting with the 107 weather we had!
Have fun in Vegas. There is a cool stamp store there called Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

Teri said...

So pretty!

ellepaulette said...

So pretty! What a great idea to glue the dew drops upside down!!

Tammi said...

This is beautiful, love the quote, *sigh* your making me want to read the books again!

susy said...

Very pretty. It's hard not to read and reread the books isn't it. I seem to pick up something new each time. this is my first time taking part in the challenges, a little bit scary.